Chamber Foundation Funding Request
Information & Application
The Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation (“the Foundation”) supports the charitable endeavors of the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce. The Foundation’s purpose is to carry out the charitable, literary and educational objectives as described below:
- Charitable – The charitable objectives of the Foundation shall focus on the advancement of education and/or science in the greater Oconomowoc area; the erection or maintenance of public buildings, monuments, or works; and the lessening of the burdens of local government.
- Educational – The educational objectives of the Foundation shall focus on developing and supporting partnerships between local educational institutions and the surrounding business community in order to supplement the educational experience of local students, enhance their workforce preparedness, and provide instruction to the public on subjects useful and beneficial to the Oconomowoc community.
- Literary – The literary objectives of the Foundation shall focus on promoting literacy and appreciation of the arts in the greater Oconomowoc community.
- Must be an active Chamber member for at least two years
- Must meet one or more of the Foundation’s objectives as described above
- Completion of the Foundation’s grant application form is required
- Grants may be awarded to agencies, organizations or programs that support projects which meet one or more of the Foundation’s objectives in the Oconomowoc area community.
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. The application cycles are as follows:
- January 1 – March 31
- April 1 – June 30
- July 1 – September 31
- October 1 – December 31
- Determination of a grant will be communicated to the requestor within two weeks following the quarterly review meeting. The quarterly review meeting will take place within 3 weeks of the end of each quarter.
- Since there are limited funds, not all requestors will receive a grant.
- Multiple applications may be submitted but only one grant per year will be awarded per agency, organization or program.
Expectations of the Grant Award Recipient
- A final report describing the project outcome and degree to which the project goals were met is required within six months of the award unless otherwise indicated.
- Final reports must be submitted for an organization to be eligible for consideration of future applications.
HOW TO APPLY
If your organization qualifies as a charitable, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Service Code guidelines or is a governmental or quasi-governmental; and your organization is located in the Oconomowoc area; and your organization has a request that is specific to the Foundation’s purpose, you may apply for a grant by fully completing the following grant application.
NOTE: Our grant application does not have a “save and come back” feature. Please complete the application in one session as you won’t be able to return to it later. We are providing a list of questions that you can use to prepare your answers prior to working through the application. To preview click this link: Foundation Grant Application Questions Preview.
Acknowledging Your Grant
We appreciate an acknowledgment of your grant from the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation in whatever ways are within your organization’s communications capabilities. We encourage you to send us press releases or copies of publications or media coverage that mention your grant.
Please always refer to the Foundation as the “Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation” You may use “Foundation” on a second reference in the same publication.