Oconomowoc Job Expo
April 21 | 8AM till 10AM
Oconomowoc High School – Upper Gym
The Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce Job Expo provides the opportunity for job seekers, high school students, and local businesses to connect.
For employers, it provides a unique chance to promote your business and open positions to those who are actively seeking work, and to help students explore careers and educational pathways.
For students and job seekers, it is an opportunity to learn about the many great companies in the Oconomowoc area.
- High school students can use this as a resource to learn more about careers in various industries and to explore job openings in the area, whether you are looking for a part-time position or want to launch right into your career.
- For job seekers of any age, it presents the ability to conveniently meet with representatives from many employers in a single day.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Oconomowoc Chamber of Commerce at 262-567-2666.
Aurora Medical Center – Summit
Azura Assisted Living and Memory Care
Badger Burger Company
Bank Five Nine
Bruno Independent Living Aids
Don Charpentier Agency – American Family Insurance
Engine Power, Inc
Evin at Oconomowoc
Ewald Automotive Group
First Steps Child Care Center of St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern WI
Great Midwest Bank
Groskopf Construction, Inc.
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Home City Ice
Home Helpers & Direct Link of Lake Country
Lake Country Campus
Lake Country Heating & Cooling, Inc.
Lake Country Manufacturing
Moreland OB_GYN Associates, S.C.
Oconomowoc Area School District
Oconomowoc Parks and Recreation Department
Oconomowoc Golf Club
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West
The Ingleside Hotel and Springs Water Park
Three Pillars Senior Living
Waukesha State Bank
YMCA at Pabst Farms
Zeman Tool & Manufacturing
Tips for Job Seekers
Prepare for the Employment Expo
- Review the list of employers attending the expo. Identify companies that interest you, and research their products, services, goals, needs, and open positions.
- Think about the questions you will ask. This will not only demonstrate your interest in the employer’s organization but will also help you answer the recruiter’s questions confidently. Prepare to tell them why you are interested in their company, how your previous work experience is relevant to the position you are seeking, and the other skills and experiences you can bring to the company
- Prepare your resume – now is a great time to update and polish it.
At the Employment Expo
- Wear business attire to make a great first impression. Think about the companies and positions for which you will apply. Through the research you did in preparing for the expo, you will have a pretty good idea how formal their workplace is.
- Bring copies of your resume and if you have interest in particular companies and jobs, a cover letter that targets that employer’s needs will really help you stand out.
- After meeting with an employer, ask for contact information and next steps, such as filling out an application or scheduling a formal interview.
After the Employment Expo
Recruiters at the expo will have met with many candidates, so keep yourself top of mind with these tips that will help refresh their memory about you.
- Send a note the following day to thank them for meeting with you. While hand-written notes will make an impression, an email or phone call is perfectly fine. Remember to include information about the position of interest and highlight your skills and strengths that meet the employer’s specific needs.
- Even if you gave your resume to the recruiter, send another copy of it and a cover letter to each employer that has a position that interests you.